The Youth Programs Director at FilmNorth provides leadership for all youth programming (After School program, Summer Camps, and In-School Residencies) and manages/supports youth instructors and seasonal staff. Applicants should be organized and have a passion for media arts and youth education. Download the job opportunity details here.
OVERVIEW OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MANAGE JUICEMEDIA PROGRAM
JuiceMedia is FilmNorth’s free after-school video production program for high
school students, led by the AmeriCorps CTEP member and managed by the Youth Programs Director. The program is highly student-directed – students learn how to use video equipment and editing software to tell their stories. The program runs each Fall & Spring.
SUPERVISE AMERICORPS CTEP MEMBER
The AmeriCorps Community Technology Empowerment Project (CTEP) bridges the “digital divide” for new Immigrants and low-income communities in Minneapolis and St. Paul. CTEP AmeriCorps members help youth and adults use technology to better access social, civic, educational and economic opportunities.
MANAGE RIGHT TRACK EMPLOYEES
Right Track is a Saint Paul program that provides employment opportunities and professional skills training for youth. FilmNorth is a host site, employing two-four Right Track workers to work each summer, June-August.
PLAN AND COORDINATE YOUTH SUMMER CAMPS
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds, either teaching or leading a youth program.
- Knowledge and experience with video production and editing (Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Clear communication skills with strengths in supervising, giving and receiving feedback, and building rapport with students and staff.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative while managing multiple youth programs throughout the year.
- Ability to occasionally flex work hours to include evening and weekend commitments.
- Strong commitment to FilmNorth’s Theory of Change (see below).
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
30 hours per week with some flexibility on hours
$26,000 to $29,000 (depending on experience & qualifications)
Benefits: Complementary FilmNorth membership, access to equipment, free tuition for all classes, workshops and conferences offered through FilmNorth.
Start Date: August 1st, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter or introductory e-mail that tells us why you would be a strong candidate for this position
References and work samples will be requested from those who are asked to interview.
FilmNorth is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. This position will remain open until FilmNorth has seen a diverse pool of candidates.
Founded in 1987, FilmNorth is the largest filmmaker service organization in the Upper Midwest—and one of the largest in the country.
FilmNorth’s mission is to empower artists to tell their stories, launch and sustain successful careers, and advance The North as a leader in the national network of independent filmmakers. We achieve our mission by nurturing a vibrant, diverse community of film and media artists; providing education and resources at every stage of their careers; and celebrating their achievements.