- This event has passed.
Adobe Premiere Editing (Online, Ages 14-17) – FULL
Starts July 13
Monday-Friday, July 13-17, 1-4pm
Learn to use Premiere Pro and edit a zombie movie! In this camp you’ll learn how to start a new project, use basic and intermediate editing tools to build a story, and add special touches such as music and sound effects, transitions, titles, and effects. You’ll also learn some movie editing tricks, including hiding a cut inside of an action, putting shots together to create an impossible action, and using rhythm to create a mood. At the end of this camp, you’ll have a zombie movie that you edited!
Students will need access to a PC or Mac desktop or laptop computer with a 1-week free trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CC installed. Click here for info.
Participation in this online camp requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance, it is highly recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. For extra security, a few days prior to the class start date we’ll e-mail you the link, ID, and password needed to access this class on Zoom. The instructor will be provided a student roster to take attendance. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting and much more.
Beth Peloff is a filmmaker who works in both documentary and animation with over ten years of experience making short films about people coming together to make art and community. Her films have played at festivals both locally and nationally. She has taught video production classes since 2004 and co-owns with animator/filmmaker John Akre Green Jeans Media, a Minneapolis-based video production and animation company that uses documentary storytelling to showcase the work of nonprofits. Since 2015, Beth and John have co-taught film classes to persons undergoing rehabilitation for a variety of complex medical conditions at the Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute in Golden Valley, MN.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Manager; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.
FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT-GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM
FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM