- This event has passed.
Starts July 10
Ages 14-17. July 10-14, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
This hands-on camp is the perfect opportunity to learn the fundamentals of visual storytelling with an emphasis on camera work. Participants should come prepared with a typed-up idea for a short film. We will review all ideas on the first day, then discuss and choose which script to complete as a class. With the developed short film idea and finished shot lists, participants will work together to determine dynamic scene compositions, lighting, set design, as well as the best camera angles and movements to effectively tell the story. Students will then take the footage to Adobe Premiere, where they will edit sequences to finalize the film. No previous experience necessary, simply an interest in camera work.
Brandon Mitchell is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University in Mass Communication and Minneapolis Community and Technical College’s Cinematography Program. Brandon has worked in both television and film. His experience ranges from filming live camera productions to scripted short films.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Director; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.