Fashion Photography (Online, Ages 11-14)
Starts July 26
Monday-Friday, July 26-30, 1-4pm
Learn how to plan and produce a fashion shoot! We’ll look at the work of current and classic fashion photographers to inspire us. We’ll plan lighting and themes for different shoots and incorporate found objects into some of our plans. We’ll also talk with a fashion stylist to get tips on pulling together unique looks that look great on camera. Topics covered include framing shots, utilizing compositional elements such as lines, angles, and symmetry, and an awareness of different lighting effects.
This camp requires the use of a device with photography capabilities—either a phone, iPad, tablet, or DSLR. Students should have their device (and charger) ready with at least 3GB of space available.
NOTE: Participation in this online camp requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance, it is highly recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. For extra security, a few days prior to the class start date we’ll e-mail you the link, ID, and password needed to access this class on Zoom. The instructor will be provided a student roster to take attendance. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting and much more.
Stephanie Colgan is a picture maker who also experiments with sound and video. Her editorial work has been published in a variety of publications including The New York Times, Harper’s Bazaar, Paper Magazine and Spin.Her artwork has been exhibited around the world including at the Marsden|Gustafson Gallery at FilmNorth. Stephanie loves music, books, incisive fictional stories about domestic life, vintage clothing and fashion in general.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Manager; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.