- This event has passed.
From Brain to Screen: Exploring Your Creative Process
Starts July 25
Ages 11-14. July 25-29, 1-4pm
In this brainstorming class, students will dive deep into their personal creative processes using unique and unusual methods: journaling, sculpting, writing, collaboration, improv, and more. Through these processes, they will explore themes such as character development, authentic setting, and the journey from struggle to resolution. Students will leave this class with a better understanding of the pre-production process and what kinds of creative methods they enjoy.
A note about Covid: As it stands, the plan for this course is to be in-person. FilmNorth will be monitoring the state of Covid and making decisions about safety as the situation unfolds. This course may be adapted to an online format if things are deemed unsafe.
Victoria Carpenter is a self-taught, multimedia artist with a focus in storytelling as a form of healing. Victoria is Co-Founder and current Director of Flip the Script Festival, a 2SLGBTQIA+ film festival focusing on positive, celebratory representations of the Queer community. Victoria is an award-winning filmmaker most recently for their short film, “A Years Long Day” (Best Documentary, 2019 Denali Film Festival). They are currently in post-production for their first feature-length documentary following the expedition of the first non-binary person and first woman to canoe the 4th-longest river system in the world.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Director; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Director, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.