Intermediate Final Cut Pro [In-Person]
Starts August 1
3 sessions: Mondays, August 1-15, 6:30-9:30pm
Flex your Final Cut Pro skills! If you’ve taken the Intro to FCP class and need more creative mastery in your editing, this next-level class provides the boost. From advanced metadata, creating effects and animation, color grading and sound mixing, to exporting various formats, you’ll learn the necessary tools and techniques to do more. Discover for yourself why the BBC, Oscar-nominated indie filmmakers, YouTube stars, and educators swear by the speed and power of FCP. iMacs provided. Bring headphones or earbuds for lab time and a hard drive or 32GB USB flash drive if you wish to save project files. Prerequisite: Introduction to FCP class or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Metadata and Roles
- Magnetic Timeline Power Tools
- Effects, Animation, and Keyframes
- Color and Audio Control
- Sidekicks: Compressor + Motion
- The FCP Ecosystem (add-ons and extras)
NOTE: Participation in this online course requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance it is recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. We’ll e-mail you a course reminder and Zoom link a few days prior to the first session. Click here for a Zoom tutorial.
Tuition: $185 regular | $140 member | $105 low-income
Jeremy Wilker, owner of TWEAK Digital, loves making moving images and has created works—in documentary, commercial, narrative, and political forms—for businesses and organizations near (Golden Valley) and far (Hong Kong). He has run or assisted several successful Kickstarter campaigns, consults and trains on live streaming, workflow, software, and crowdfunding, and previously spent many years in the print and graphics world. Jeremy is a longtime FilmNorth member and serves on the FilmNorth board. He has also served on the Professional Advisory Board of the University of Wisconsin–Stout, and volunteered with film festivals. When he isn’t creating imagery, Jeremy might be found geeking out with board games, snowboarding, or playing with his two children.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 7 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 2 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of 5:00 pm the day prior to a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given (Friday at 5:00 pm for Sunday classes).
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.