Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro [Virtual]
Starts October 18
Online. 3 sessions: Wednesday, October 18-November 1, 6:30-8:30 pm CT
This online course covers basic nonlinear editing with Premiere Pro through demonstrations and hands-on instruction using footage provided by the instructor. Topics include media management and archiving, editing vocabulary and concepts, importing and organizing your media, trimming clips and building your rough cut, using a variety of editing tools to fine-tune your edit, working with sound, applying transitions, adding titles, and exporting your project. The material covered is applicable to Premiere Pro for Macs and PCs. Because this class is hands-on and interactive, students need to use a computer with Adobe Premiere Pro to participate.
NOTE: Participation in this online course requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance it is recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. We’ll e-mail you a course reminder and Zoom link a few days prior to the first session. Click here for a Zoom tutorial.
Tuition: $185 regular | $140 member | $105 low-income
Beth Peloff is a filmmaker who works in both documentary and animation with over ten years of experience making short films about people coming together to make art and community. Her films have played at festivals both locally and nationally. She has taught video production classes since 2004 and co-owns with animator/filmmaker John Akre Green Jeans Media, a video production and animation company that uses documentary storytelling to showcase the work of nonprofits. Since 2015, Beth and John have co-taught film classes to persons undergoing rehabilitation for a variety of complex medical conditions at the Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute in Golden Valley, MN.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 7 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 2 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those needing to cancel a registration at least 7 days prior to the first class session, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of 5:00 pm the day prior to the first class session, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given (Friday at 5:00 pm for Sunday classes).
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.
- By registering for this FilmNorth class you are agreeing to our Community Values Statement.