- This event has passed.
On-Camera Acting [FULL – See August 21-25 Camp]
Starts July 17
Ages 10-13. July 17-21, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Dream of acting on the big screen? Ready to unleash your acting potential and sharpen your character toolkit?
In this camp young actors will spend time exploring relationship, circumstance, and conflict, (solo and with a scene partner), infusing text with stakes and intention. Using moment-to-moment work, we’ll analyze the essential and vital skills of powerful, confident acting while applying it to the physical constraints and intimacy of the camera.
We’ll become familiar with technical terms encountered on set, and focus on techniques for being natural in front of the camera while practicing conveying emotions through performance exercises. No previous acting experience necessary!
Erin Roberts has worked regionally with Pillsbury House and Chicago Avenue Project, Swandive Theatre, The Public Theatre, Ensemble Studio Theatre, The Eugene O’Neil Theatre Center, Shakespeare and Co., The Dorset Theatre Festival, The Theatre at Monmouth, …blessed unrest…, Pennsylvania Center Stage, Flock Theatre, Improbable Fiction, The Minneapolis Fringe and was voted “Favorite Supporting Actor” in the New York International Fringe Festival.
Film and television credits include ESPN’s The Bronx Is Burning, Law and Order SVU, The Good Wife, Lady Dynamite, The Royal Tenenbaums, Celebrity, MLB Fan Cave’s “Boston Ink.” She has several commercials currently running and had done numerous print, live events and modeling. Currently in Minneapolis, she is a role player with MNCIT and ProCrisis, and in the summer works as the Saint Paul on-field correspondent.
Erin holds a Bachelor of Arts in Directing from Smith College, and a Master of Fine Arts in Acting from Penn State University. She has studied with The National Theatre Institute, The Royal Shakespeare Company, and is a member of The Guthrie Theatre’s Actor’s Workout.
She has taught various acting, voice and movement classes at Penn State, Queens College, and has been a guest artist at AMDA, Northern Stage Company, Improbable Fiction, Invisible City Theatre Company, Laguardia High School for the Performing Arts, and does workshops and private coaching. She currently teaches Meisner Technique, Scene Study, “The Monologue Audition Intensive,” and “On Camera Audition Basics,” and is casting and guest lecturing for Minneapolis College.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Director; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.