Starts August 15
Ages 13-17. August 15-19, 1-4pm
Students will use the cameras on their smartphones to practice street/architectural/vernacular photography and delve into the question, “What makes a photograph interesting?” Through class discussions and open work time, students will explore the roles that composition, sequencing, ethics, and more play in producing interesting images. By the end of the week students will produce a short physical photograph album of student work.
A note about Covid: As it stands, the plan for this course is to be in-person. FilmNorth will be monitoring the state of Covid and making decisions about safety as the situation unfolds. This course may be adapted to an online format if things are deemed unsafe.
Lyn Corelle (they/them) is a photographer and filmmaker based in Minneapolis. They have shown work at the Walker Art Center, Sioux City Art Center, and numerous Twin Cities DIY venues.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Director; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Director, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.