- This event has passed.
Video Editing (Online, Ages 14-17)
Starts July 12
Monday-Friday, July 12-16, 1-4pm
Learn to use Premiere Pro and edit a Zombie movie! In this camp you will learn how to start a new project, use basic and intermediate editing tools to build a story, and add special touches such as music and sound effects, transitions, titles and effects. You will also learn some movie editing tricks, including hiding a cut inside of an action, putting shots together to create an impossible action, and using rhythm to create a mood. At the end of this camp, you will have a Zombie movie that you edited!
Students will need access to a Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer with a 1-week free trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CC installed.
NOTE: Participation in this online camp requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance, it is highly recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. For extra security, a few days prior to the class start date we’ll e-mail you the link, ID, and password needed to access this class on Zoom. The instructor will be provided a student roster to take attendance. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting and much more.
Beth Peloff is a video maker and teacher who works in both documentary and animation. Her films have played at film festivals both locally and nationally. She co-owns Green Jeans Media, a small production company which uses documentary storytelling and animation to showcase the work of nonprofits.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Manager; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.