Our 2023 summer camps season is a wrap. Check back in early 2024 for next summer’s schedule!
Our weeklong film, photography, and animation camps provide a fun and interactive experience for youth ages 10-17 looking for exciting and creative programs. The summer camps will include both live interactive instruction and self-paced project development each day.
Camp enrollment is limited to 8-10 participants in order to promote collaboration and engagement. A limited number of scholarships are available to cover camp tuition for students from low-income households that qualify for free and reduced-price lunch under the National School Lunch Program. For more information, contact Youth Programs Director Robert Ndondo-Lay.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Registration deadlines are listed with camp descriptions (click on camp title). Space is assigned on a first-come basis.
- Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- The CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE, CAMP EMERGENCY CONTACT, CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE, and COMMUNITY VALUES STATEMENT forms must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp registration. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to Youth Programs Director Robert Ndondo-Lay; or 2) mailing them to Youth Programs, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- By registering for a FilmNorth youth camp you are agreeing to our Community Values Statement.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- If a camp is full and you’d like to be placed on a wait list, or if you have any questions, please contact Youth Programs Director Robert Ndondo-Lay.
Covid Safety Policy
FilmNorth is following CDC’s current COVID-19 variant guidance for Ramsey County:
- People may choose to mask at any time. Masks are recommended for those who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or at high-risk for complications associated with COVID-19 variants.
- People with any COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should stay home.
- Masks are available for students who need them (one mask per student per class).