We provide filmmakers and photographers opportunities to exhibit their work, including our monthly Cinema Lounge screenings of locally made short films at the Bryant-Lake Bowl, regular photography exhibitions in the Mardsen/Gustafson Gallery at FilmNorth, and the Film Independent Spirit Award Screening Series at the Walker Art Center.
FILMNºRTH EVENT ATTENDEE PHOTO & VIDEO POLICY
We are excited for you to share your FilmNorth experiences with your friends on social media, but it’s imperative that our community also respects the rights of the creators that participate in FilmNorth screenings and events. This Attendee Photo & Video Policy covers what is and isn’t allowed so that we can all achieve our goals. When we refer to “content” that includes, without limitation, videos, clips, photographs, audio recordings, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software made available to the attendee during the Events.
Personal digital cameras (excluding SLR/DSLRs) are allowed at FilmNorth events (Cinema Lounge, Film Independent Spirit Awards screening series, FilmNorth Forum, etc.) for capture of content for personal, non-commercial (non-sponsored and non-monetized) use, subject to the limitations below.
Attendees may take photos and shoot video from their seats, as long as they are not obstructing views, using any sort of device like a tripod or selfie-stick, or using a flash after the session begins. Live streaming of any kind is not permitted.
Attendees are not permitted to take photos or shoot video where it is unsafe or disruptive such as in doorways, fire exits, expo floor aisles, hallways, sidewalks, etc. Not complying with a request to move or stop capturing content could result in your removal.
Attendees (excluding media attendees) may not have professional camera equipment at film screenings.
- Screenshots of Event content, excluding film screenings, is permissible as long as the screenshots are used for personal, non-commercial (non-sponsored and non-monetized) purposes.
- Video and/or audio recording any event content is prohibited.
- Livestreaming event content is prohibited.
- Displaying Event content in group settings (i.e., with multiple viewers of the public who are not also passholders) without FilmNorth’s advanced approval, which may require an additional license.
- Copying, republishing, downloading, transmitting, modifying, renting, leasing, loaning, selling, assigning, distributing, recording, licensing, sublicensing, reverse engineering, or creating any derivative works based on any Event content.