- This event has passed.
Intermediate Adobe Premiere [In-Person]
Starts April 9
2 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, April 9-10, 10am-2pm
For those with a basic grounding in Premiere Pro (for Mac), this course offers participants the chance to deepen their understanding of how Premiere works and familiarize themselves with a few of the more advanced tools in Adobe’s edit suite. With a focus on not just how to perform tasks in Premiere, but why, students learn:
- Data management, workflow methods and project organization strategies
- Audio syncing
- Keyboard shortcuts for common tasks
- Effects like stabilization, reverse motion, time remapping
- Text creation including titles, captions, and subtitles
- Light color correction and grading using Lumetri Color and Lumetri Scopes
- Basic audio mixing using Premiere’s built-in tools
- Using keyframes, masking, and tracking
iMacs provided. Bring headphones or earbuds for lab time.
NOTE: this in-person course is held at FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street, Suite 120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. FilmNorth is following CDC’s current COVID-19 guidance for Ramsey County:
- Masks are recommended for those who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or at high-risk for complications associated with COVID-19.
- People may choose to mask at any time.
- People with any COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should stay home.
- Free masks are available for students who need them (one per student per class).
Tuition: $185 regular | $140 member | $105 low-income
Prakshi Malik is a filmmaker and dancer creating cinema about women of color from a global perspective. She has edited award-winning short films and a narrative feature. Prakshi was recently awarded the 2020 Short Film Grant by Austin Film Society for her short film, BAAHAR. She grew up in Delhi, India and brings her background in dance and ensemble practices to her filmmaking. Prakshi holds a BA in Media and Cultural Studies from Macalester College and MFA in Film Production from the University of Texas at Austin.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 7 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 2 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of 5:00 pm the day prior to a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given (Friday at 5:00 pm for Sunday classes).
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.