- This event has passed.
Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro
Starts December 2
In-person. 2 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, December 2-3, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
This course explores the craft of film editing through teacher-led demonstrations and hands-on experience. Students will learn to edit picture and sound with Adobe Premiere Pro using footage provided by the instructor. Topics include history of film editing, editing vocabulary and concepts, and common editing approaches for narrative and documentary film. Students will learn skills in importing and organizing footage, trimming clips, assembling rough cuts, working with sound, adding titles, and creating visual effects. Equipment is provided (sessions are conducted on iMac computers). Bring headphones or earbuds for lab time, plus a hard drive or 32GB USB flash drive to back up course files. There is a lunch break each session.
NOTE: this in-person course is held at FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street, Suite 120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. FilmNorth is following CDC’s current COVID-19 variant guidance for Ramsey County:
- People may choose to mask at any time. Masks are recommended for those who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or at high-risk for complications associated with COVID-19 variants.
- People with any COVID-19 symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should stay home.
Tuition: $245 regular | $185 member | $140 low-income
A native of the Twin Cities, Aaron Thomas graduated from Hamline University with a Psychology and Film degree, which was the university’s first such major/minor degree awarded in its long history. After working on several independent film/video projects, attending acting school, and involvement in the Minneapolis Fringe Festival, Aaron found himself a home at Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) where he worked for nearly four years. He then moved on to creating and consulting on media projects, producing audition reels for television and film productions, being a Youth Intern Coordinator and mentor at SPNN, and judging for independent film festivals. Aaron was then a freelance Producer and Videographer at Nine North (North Suburban Access) and the City of Eagan for several years. More recently, he worked for the Guthrie Theater as the In-house Video/Photo Content Creator and was responsible for creating TV and radio commercials, interviews, rehearsal photos, and social media videos to promote Guthrie productions. He is currently working for the City of Minneapolis in Video Services, a division of the city’s Communications Department.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 7 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 2 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those needing to cancel a registration at least 7 days prior to the first class session, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of 5:00 pm the day prior to the first class session, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given (Friday at 5:00 pm for Sunday classes).
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.
- By registering for this FilmNorth class you are agreeing to our Community Values Statement.