- This event has passed.
The Balance: Finding & Maintaining Your Artistic Mojo
Starts November 17
1 session: Saturday, November 17, 12-4 pm
The mental aspect of any artistic endeavor requires clarity, which is severely compromised in today’s Western culture of Tweets, blogs, and other countless forms of cyber static. Factor in the demands of working full-time and raising a family, and there’s a seemingly endless barrage of distractions, stress, and fatigue. If and when you have time to sit down to write, edit, paint, sculpt, or attempt anything else that’s particularly meaningful and personal, you lack the energy and focus to engage, tap into your creativity, and be productive.
In this workshop, fitness expert Ron Morris teaches you simple techniques of Zen and Qigong to help quiet the mind, energize the body, and approach making art with zeal. You’ll learn some breathing techniques, body postures, along with common sense advice on diet and exercise. You’ll be amazed by how combining these elements will make a big difference in your desire to hunker down and write that screenplay or edit that film, as well as clear your mind for creative storytelling.
Tuition: $85 regular/$60 member/$40 low-income
For over 25 years, Ron Morris has provided transformational change to people of all walks of life, including teenagers at the Lino Lakes Youth Correctional Facility, inmates, college students at campuses across the state of Minnesota, SWAT team members, best-selling authors, world explorers, entrepreneurs, and professionals. He has helped corporations improve employee morale and firefighters to increase their overall preparedness and improve their teamwork and dexterity. Ron is also an author and practitioner of Zen meditation, Qigong massage therapy, kettlebell body building, Tai Chi, yoga, and nontraditional approaches to mental and physical health and wellness. He has also had a career in acting and stunt choreography.
Ron Morris is not only a super trainer, he is one of the best teachers I have ever met. He is smart and intuitive, and knows how to make you sweat. I am in expedition shape in the city thanks to Ron. If you want to better yourself, I dare you to take one of his courses.
– Will Steger, Arctic Explorer and Conservationist
Excellent teacher and listener who always helps you to achieve the best in you, mind, body and spirit. Achieve what you never thought possible.
– Betsy Aird, Veterinary Pathologist at Marshfield Labs
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.