Registration is open for FilmNorth 2021 Summer Youth Camps! Scroll down this page to view the schedule.
These weeklong film, photography, and animation camps provide a fun and interactive experience for youth ages 10-17 looking for exciting and creative programs, all from home. The summer camps will include both live interactive instruction and self-paced project development each day.
In addition, FilmNorth also offers the multi-week FilmNorth Academy for participants ages 17-24 to advance their skills in filmmaking, with workshops taught by professional local filmmakers and talent.
Camps are limited to 8-10 participants in order to promote collaboration and engagement. However, exceptions can be made as per instructor’s permission. A limited number of scholarships are available to cover camp tuition for students from low-income households that qualify for free and reduced-price lunch under the National School Lunch Program. For more information, contact our Youth Programs Director, Emily Downes, at email@example.com.
NOTE: Participation in our online camps requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance, it is highly recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. For extra security, a few days prior to the class start date we’ll e-mail you the link, ID, and password needed to access this class on Zoom. The instructor will be provided a student roster to take attendance. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting and much more.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Registration deadlines are listed with camp descriptions (click on camp title). Space is assigned on a first-come basis.
- Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- If a camp is full and you’d like to be placed on a wait list, or if you have any questions, please contact the Youth Programs Director.
2019 Narrative Camp video
2019 On-Camera Acting scene video
2017 Digital Animation Camp video
2017 Music Video Camp video